Essential Rukka: Pohto jacketThe waterproof Gore-Tex down jacket for every winter weather
Those who like it cosy on a winter hike, a Christmas stroll or at the New Year’s fireworks and want to look good at the same time, are the people Rukka had in mind when designing the new „Pohto“ outdoor jacket.
A functional jacket without protectors – is Rukka turning into a fashion label? Not in the least – functionality and quality remain the key ingredients with the Pohto jacket. But why should motorcyclists not commit to the Rukka brand even outside the motorbike season, while benefiting from the Finn’s experience and innovative spirit in winter sport? And besides: where else do you get a waterproof down jacket?
Jackets with a high quality down filling have many advantages: they keep you exceedingly warm, offer a pleasant micro climate, are very light and only take up very little luggage space since the downs can be compressed without being damaged. The incontrovertible drawback of down is its sensitivity toward water – if the downs get wet, they start to clump together, losing their insulating efficiency. However, a waterproof outer material would impair the pleasant climate within the jacket. Not so with the Rukka jacket: The Gore-Tex two-layer laminate used for the outer shell is completely water and wind proof but at the same time highly breathable.
This innovative concept makes the Pohto a comfortable jacket for any weather and is recognised by the smooth outside surface without the quilting otherwise typical of down-filled garments. The functional, ergonomical cut of the jacket provides great mobility for outdoor activities, while the 260 g of down filler provide optimum comfort. A high collar and removable hood with drawstring – both with a 120 g down lining – keep your head and neck warm while preventing wind from entering, just as the cuffs with Velcro flaps do on the sleeves. Drawstrings on the waist and hips ensure the jacket fits perfectly, while one internal and six external pockets provide lots of storage space.
The Pohto jacket is available in the men’s sizes 48 through 60 at any well-stocked Rukka dealer in a choice of black or grey.
- The NEW groundbreaking Rukka D3O Air back protector now available as “All Back”
- Salli jacket & RCT Lady trousers in Motorrad News
- New from Rukka – “Kim” midlayer with Outlast temperature regulation
- Functional and stylish
- Rukka AirAll
- The new Rukka AFT gloves
- The new summer gloves “Airium” and “Airi” by Rukka
- The new adventure sports style Rukka suit ”Roughroad”
- GOOD DESIGN prize
- The new Rukka “Realer”
- The new Rukka motorbike jackets “Simot” and “Salli”
- Rukka and Gore – a partnership spanning three decades
- Rukka 2017 novelties in Motociclismo
- All-rounders: the quilted Rukka jackets “Warren” and “Wanda”
- Rukka women’s gloves “Virve” with X-Trafit
- Optimum protection with the lower back protector by Rukka
- A very impressive Husqvarna video
- High quality, highly visible: Rukka “Vis Vest”
- Congratulations to Mike Schram for the World Record!
- Rukka welcomes new Rukka Motorsport Italy team
- New at Rukka: plus sizes for well-built men
- The new Rukka outfit for ladies – Orbita
- The new Rukka “Energater” suit
- Rukka and Sinisalo searching for agent
- Essential Rukka: Pohto jacket
- Crashed in Germany
- Crashed in the UK
- Rukka “AiRock”: two jackets in one
- Rukka “AquaAir”: the new functional overall made of Gore-Tex three-layer laminate
- MOTORRAD readers’ poll “Best Brand 2015”: Rukka once again among the Top Three of the category “text
- Flexius & Flexina
- Chariklo & Charikla
- Rukka “Outlast Fleece” midlayers